Fire emergencies can anytime, anywhere, all year long. This is why fire safety inspections, repairs and exit procedures are stressed amongst facility managers and business owners. When dealing with life-or-death situations, there is no time to slack off because there is no off-season when dealing with fire emergencies.
Facility and office building fire safety is critical to keeping a safe environment to those who occupy the space. The NFPA places very specific guidelines to a variety of fire safety features within facilities that managers must comply by, if not, costly fines could be issued. LSS Life Safety Services is your industry professional, certified to ensure your facility is in compliance with all local and state fire code while providing the appropriate information for the AHJ.
Fire door Services and Inspection Guidelines
LSS provides the following fire door services:
- Fire Door Inspections
- Fire Door Repair and Installation
- Overhead & Rolling Door Inspections
- Fire Door Commissioning
Per the current NFPA 80 code, fire doors have 13 points of inspection.
- No open holes or breaks exist in surfaces of either the door or frame.
- Glazing, vision light frames, and glazing beads are intact and securely fastened in place, if so equipped.
- The door, frame, hinges, hardware, and noncombustible threshold are secured, aligned, and in working order with no visible signs of damage.
- No parts are missing or broken.
- Door clearances at the door edge to the frame, on the pull side of the door, do not exceed clearances listed in 4.8.4 and 6.3.1.
- The self-closing device is operational, that is, the active door completely closes when operated from the full open position.
- If a coordinator is installed, the inactive leaf closes before active leaf.
- Latching hardware operates and secures the door when it is in the closed position.
- Auxiliary hardware items that interfere or prohibit operation are not installed on the door or frame.
- No field modifications to the door assembly have been performed that void the label.
- Gasketing and edge seals, where required, are inspected to verify their presence and integrity."
Fire and Smoke Damper Services and Inspection Guidelines
LSS provides the following fire and smoke damper services:
- Fire and Smoke Damper Inspections
- Fire and Smoke Damper Repair and Installation
- Fire Damper Commissioning
Per the current NFPA 80 & NFPA 105 code regarding fire and smoke dampers.
Fire Damper - NFPA 80 – Section 19.4. Each damper shall be tested and inspected one year after installation. The test and inspection frequency shall then be every 4 years, except in hospitals, where the frequency shall be 6 years.
Smoke Damper - NFPA 105 – Section 6.5. Each damper shall be tested and inspected one year after installation. The test and inspection frequency shall then be every 4 years, except in hospitals, where the frequency shall be 6 years.
Other Fire Safety Services
In addition, LSS provides the following fire safety services:
- Fire Barrier Survey
- Firestop Survey
- Firestopping Installation
- Above Ceiling Inspections
- Arc Flash Assessment
- Life Safety Consulting
- Photoluminescent Egress Path Markers & Exit Signage
You’re Safe with LSS Life Safety Services
As important as fire safety is, we understand the importance of hiring the right people to get the job done efficiently and correctly. LSS Life Safety Services takes pride in the work we provide our customers, as their safety is our priority. Our trained technicians are equipped with the skills necessary to perform these services at the highest level.
Our detail-oriented employees will provide exceptional customer service, quality work and comprehensive reports that make your job as facility manager much easier. We are here to help you with all fire safety needs, You’re Safe with Us.